Gear & Spells
A collection of items, spells, and treasure that you can use in your games. Feel free to modify these or create your own.
Common Items & Spells
Adventurers can start off an adventure any of these common items and spells.
- Adventurer’s Pack. Contains common items an adventurer might need: 50’ of rope, a firestarter, a small mirror, a canteen, rations, and so on. Resupply after 5 uses
- Money. A small amount of travel money for incidentals, if you want.
- Healing Potion. Heals up to 7 HP. Single use.
- Bandages. Heal up to 3 HP. Single use.
Weapons, Wands & Armor
- Bow & Arrow
- Suit of Armor
- Shield (counts as armor)
- Wizard Staff
- Spell Book
- Magic Missiles. A blast of magic energy shoots from your hands.
- Wave of Thunder. A wave of sound shoots out from you, pushing everyone near you 15’ back and doing damage.
- Identify Object. You can take Best Roll while trying to determine what an object is and what it does.
- Sleep. Make one large monster, two medium ones, or four small ones fall asleep.
- Illusion. You create a small illusory sight or sound that lasts for about a minute.
- Heal. Heal 5 HP on a creature you can touch.
- Tangle of Vines. A tangle of vines 15’ wide grows and restrains any creatures in the area.
- Speak with Nature. Place your hands on an animal, plant, body of water, stone, or other natural element and learn about recent events from it.
Enhanced Items & Spells
Players can find these while exploring, or receive them as rewards from NPCs for completing quests.
Apply these features to any ordinary weapon to make it a magical one.
- Unstoppable. Once per a combat encounter, you can take Best Roll on an attack made with this weapon.
- Lucky. Once per a combat encounter, you can re-roll an attack die roll while using this weapon. You must use whatever the new result is.
- Power. Add an extra D6 to damage rolls when using this weapon.
- Inspiration. Once per a combat encounter, you can take an extra attack while using this weapon.
- Teleport. Once per a combat encounter, you can teleport to a different location you can see after an attack made with this weapon.
Magical Armor & Shields
Apply these features to ordinary armor and shields to make them a magical.
- Quick Foot. Player can ignore Worst Roll on speed while wearing this armor/carrying this shield.
- Magical Resistance. Once per an encounter, monster must use Worst Roll on their damage roll.
- Lucky. Once per a combat encounter, you can re-roll a defend die roll while using this armor/shield. You must use whatever the new result is.
- Teleport. Once per a combat encounter, you can teleport to a different location you can see if you’re attacked while wearing this armor/carrying this shield.
Charms & Talismans
Apply these features to any item to make it a magical charm or talisman.
- Lucky. Once per non-combat encounter, you can re-roll a die roll while using wearing this item. You must use whatever the new result is.
- Teleport. Once per encounter, you can teleport to a different location you can see while using wearing this item.
- Protection From. Pick a type of damage (fire, ice, piercing, magical, etc.). You take half-damage on all damage from sources of that type while wearing this item.
- Time Warp. Once per day, you can change the result of any die roll while wearing this item.
- Healing. Once per encounter, you can heal any character up to 5 HP while wearing this charm.
- Guidance. Once per day, you can take Best Roll on a non-combat die roll.
- Magic Armor. While wearing this item, you get the same benefits as wearing armor, without needing to take Worst Roll on Speed rolls.
These could take the form of scrolls, or secret knowledge that’s shared by an NPC.
- Teleport. You can teleport to a different location that you can see.
- Fireball. Launch a ball of flames. It does an extra D6 damage.
- Cage. A monster becomes restrained in a magical cage. Nothing can get in or out. The spells ends if you can no longer see the monster.
- Suggestion. A monster or NPC that can hear you does what you suggest. It cannot harm itself or do anything unreasonable.
- Animate Objects. Up to 8 tiny objects, 4 small objects, 2 medium objects, or 1 large object come to life. You command them for up to a minute.
- Flight. A creature you can touch (including yourself) gains the ability to fly for two minutes. If it’s still flying when the spell ends, it falls.
- Shapeshift. You can transform into an animal. You have all of the physical characteristics of the animal, but your own mind and thoughts. You cannot speak.
- Weather Weaver. Manipulate the weather to your liking. Weather must be area-appropriate. No snowstorm in a desert, for example.
- Elemental Storm. A storm of hail, fire, or lightning rains down from the sky, doing damage.
- Diguise. You can make yourself look and sound like someone else you’ve seen and heard before.
- Invisible. You can make yourself and anything you carry invisible for one minute.
- Message. You can send a secret message to someone else with your mind, and they can respond.