To help you get started, I’ve put together some pre-made adventures you can go on.
Feel free to modify and adapt these based on the interests of the people playing. Take it in whatever weird direction sounds fun to you!
Write your own adventure? I’d love to add it to this site! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each one includes notes for the Guide, printable maps, and detailed encounters.
These include a story outline, major encounter ideas, and maps. You fill in the details and create your own story.
You can use the Adventure rule system with other RPGs. Here are some that have interesting stories and helpful Game Master guides.
- The Hero Kids Bundle. Hero Kids is a complete RPG system that's a bit more rule-focused than Adventure. The premade adventures are great, and provide a lot of useful info for Game Masters.
- Adventures in Bayhaven. An expansion for Hero Kids that can also be played any other rule system. Players travel to a different village and embark on a series of adventures there.
- 101 Koboldz. A hilarious, beautifully illustrated adventure in which players have to rescue a hoard of kind but mischievous creatures and return them to their home in the mountains.
- In Yuletide: An Univited Guest. A holidays adventure that draws from the pagan tradition that pre-date Christmas, from the team behind 101 Koboldz.
- The Big Trouble Bundle. When a mysterious purple rock falls from the sky and shrinks the players down to the size of insects, they must embark on a journey to restore themselves to full size and save humanity.
- DnD Adventures for Kids. Free, kid-friendly adventures. Designed for use with the D&D game system, these can be easily adapted for Adventure. The guides are well designed, and include beautiful color maps.
Here are some adventure ideas I haven't had time to write yet.
- A powerful sorcerer's hat is stolen, and the group has to recover it
- The group discovers an abandoned castle, where everyone is turned to stone
- A magical gold coin turns everyone who touches it to gold
- The group wakes up one morning to find the sun has not risen
- There's a painting of a long hallway in the village tavern. One day at lunch, a girl walks out of the painting as if it's a doorway. She says brother is still trapped in here. They've both been missing for 100 years.
- Trees start coming to life. Evergreens and leafy trees fight, and threaten to destroy entire forest.
- You find a map lying on the street, with an X mysteriously marked off in a part of the forest you've never been before.
- Butterflies blanket the sky... then with a poof of smoke, turn to dragons! Why are they here, and how can we get them to leave?
- You fall into a bunny hole and discover a hidden world under the village.
- Elves' magic gems were taken by a giant, and the group must help get them back.
- Your friend is slowly disappearing (fading and turning transparent). Must find the healer/sorcerer before it’s too late.
- River adventure with rapids and such, trying to capture a river sprite that’s been causing terrible storms and flooding in the village